TasPorts has compiled the following information for stakeholders and their local communities, regarding COVID-19 and precautionary measures in place at Tasmanian ports.
- TasPorts has introduced additional measures at each of their ports for all visiting vessels visiting Tasmania. As responses to COVID-19 continue to evolve, TasPorts will provide updates via the link below.
- TasPorts has created a fact sheet for port users, including FAQs. This is available for download below.
- On 15 March 2020, the Tasmanian Government provided direction to TasPorts to suspend all cruise ship movements in Tasmanian waters until 30 June 2020. TasPorts has and will continue to work closely with impacted cruise lines and industry stakeholders to facilitate and enable safe diversions to other ports.
- The Department of Health and Australian Border Protection have introduced measures at ports nationally, including Tasmania, to prevent the spread of COVID-19. More information on these Commonwealth directives is available on Department of Health’s website.
- For general information about COVID-19, call the national 24-hour COVID19 information line on 1800 020 080.
- We encourage anyone with concerns or further questions to call the Tasmanian Public Health Hotline helpline on 1800 671 738
TasPorts is and will continue to work alongside Federal Government Agencies, including Australian Border Force, to ensure we have the most up-to-date information and appropriate measures are in place.