TasPorts offers pilotage exemptions to masters of vessels exceeding 35m length overall (LOA), provided they meet the requirements of the Pilotage Code.
In addition, TasPorts offers pilot exemptions for low risk vessels calling at declared pilotage areas in Tasmania.
In order to be eligible for the exemption, a vessel must be:
- Between 35 and 75 metres LOA
- Not carrying more than twelve (12) passengers
- Not a cargo carrying vessel
- Not engaged in towing operations
- Not a vessel that has a normal operating speed greater than 25 knots
The process for obtaining this exemption is detailed in the procedure below.
For more information on how to obtain a pilotage exemption, please contact TasPorts on 1300 366 742.