Drone Flight Requests must be submitted by the project manager or commercial pilot at least 3 business days prior to the flight date.
Please note: Personal drones are deemed as hobby drones and will not be approved.
Requests must include all of the below information:
CASA Operator Accreditation
CASA Drone Registration
- Please supply your Certificate of Registration for the drone you intend to use for this flight.
- Registration for drones, or remotely piloted aircraft (RPA), flying for business or as part of your job is now required.
- Please provide a map outlining the entire flight zone, including launch and landing sites, distances from structures and vessels, and flight direction. Markers on satellite images from Google Maps work well for this purpose.
Public Liability Insurance
- Please provide the drone pilot's current Certificate of Currency or Certificate of Insurance equal to or greater than $20 million.
Maritime Security Identification Card (MSIC)
- If you intend to film within a Secure Port Zone and hold a current MSIC, please supply a photo or scanned copy.
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.